Monday, December 21, 2009

They Say It's My Birthday!


I tried to pretend it wasn't going to happen - but yesterday it did - I entered a new decade. And what a grand entrance it was! I went to see Wicked with some family members and then we stopped for dinner. Little did I know what awaited me at the restaurant - more family, friends and a beautifully set table! My friend Barb made these favors (using the #2 box) which also served as place cards. They are filled with chocolate covered cherries - my favorite. She also created the card for me keeping with the color scheme. Beautiful! The play was terrific and the dinner was a wonderful surprise - lots of fun. What more could a birthday girl want?

8 comments:

Stampin' Diva said...

Happy belated Birthday!!! What a great surprise!!!

Wicked is excellent, I am sure you enjoyed the show.

Ann Schach said...

Happy birthday, Linda! I love chocolate covered cherries, too! It must be a "decade" thing! Happy holidays!

Cards by Gina said...

Happy, happy birthday, Linda! It sounds as though you had a wonderful birthday and birthday surprise. So happy for you! Love what Barb made.

Patti MacLeith said...

Happy Birthday! I am entering a new decade next month, too! Your friend is a dear. How fun!

Tara Bilbao said...

Happy Birthday! I am guessing 30 right? What a beautiful card and place setting.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

MMMMMMMMMM Chocolate covered cherries!

These are gorgeous, Linda.

Happy Birthday to you!

Debbie Henderson said...

Happy Birthday Linda! 30 and holding huh!What a nice looking card and party favor. Many, many more years to follow!!

LeAnne said...

Well, congrats! This is a fun little gift set, lucky you! LOVE that color combo--glad you were able to celebrate that special b-day!