Monday, October 28, 2013

Head Over Heels! PPA177



My supply of birthday cards is getting low so I am making a few before Birthday Season hits!  It seems the majority of my friends and family have birthdays in the last three months of the year.  By the time it gets to my birthday a few days before Christmas we are all "birthdayed out" and thinking about the holidays.  So this year I announced to my family that they had between now and Christmas to give me a gift.  I asked them to provide an experience for me that I had never done before - and to spend as little money as possible. There was some moaning and groaning but I think they will all manage something.

In the meantime I stopped in to visit my son and noticed a new piece of exercise equipment.  Time to get in shape for ski season you know!  When I asked what it was he said, "Hop on and I will show you!"  

So here I am hanging like a bat on his new inversion table! Yikes! After he snapped the picture he leaned over and said "Happy Birthday Mom!"  That kid still makes me laugh!  I will let you know what my daughter and husband come up with!





I followed the sketch at Pals Paper Arts this week.

13 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Love the card you made. That is a wonderful birthday gift to ask for. I'm not sure that's a good look for you on the inversion machine!! But - you did it well.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I love your take on the sketch this week. the Chalk Talk tag just pops and all your added elements are perfect! This is a happy card!

Anonymous said...

Great pic, Linda! Rick has one of those and uses it for his degenerative disks. I call it the bat cave!I tried it and cant handle all the blood rushing to my head!

Great card. I like the ribbon tied in the left corner. Super touch.

Marisa said...

Great card and just love your birthday request. Looks like your son hit the nail on the head LOL!

Just a Thought... said...

LOL!!! That pic is absolutely adorable!!! Leave it to your kids to come up with something like contraption!!! Your card is absolutely lovely!! Such an inspiring Fall birthday card!! Thank you for supporting Team 2 this week!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love that gorgeous tag! It's fun to see how you use those clips too, along with the Candy Dots, of course! Tricky kid you've got there!

LynnsLocker said...

Awwwww...you are so blessed! What a great request and what a great answer and one you will now have a great memory of and look back and smile at it! Too funny too! I'm not sure what that piece of equipment has to do with skiing? Great kid; can't wait to see the next one.

Love your card and the layering. I am seeing this a lot lately and love it. Great use of the Chalk Talk tag and especially for Fall. Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy your blog. Lynn G.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love how you added the "U" to the chalk talk set. Very cool... but not as cool as you hanging upside down! how fun! hugs.

Jen Mitchell said...

Yikes! Can we equate all the blood rushing to your head with divine inspiration for your cards? What a trooper you are. I suspect the game is on to top that!

Beth Beard said...

Beautiful card and I so enjoyed reading your post! That was hilarious!

Beth Beard said...

ps: Happy Early Birthday!!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Cool use of the "u"- Love the darker background of the image that jumps off the Sweater Weather. Love your idea of gift giving-My husband uses his inversion machine all the time- be careful until you are used to it;) My poor oldest son is December 30 so Christmas takes over his bday but he was born on Grandma's 50th bday so we always celebrate it with both them;) And....Grandma can never fib about her age!

Kim S said...

I'm not convinced that hanging upside down counts!!