Sunday, June 5, 2016

Stamp Review Crew: Papillon Potpourri







Welcome to the Stamp Review Crew's Blog Hop!  Today we are featuring Papillon Potpourri - a beautiful set of butterflies! I embossed my butterflies in white on vellum before before letting them land on that beautiful floral DSP Botanical Blooms!  A simple sentiment from Watercolor Wishes finished the card.  I liked the stark simplicity of this so I ended up removing some embellishments.  It's always fun to pile them on but in the end just a few works best for me!

However there are some people I know who feel you can never have too many embellishments........





You are on track if you arrived here from the blog of my very talented friend Heidi Baks.  Next up is Nikki Spencer who has something wonderful in store!








My design was inspired by the sketch this week at Global Design Project.




13 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Those sweet butterflies, stamped on the vellum, look terrific with the black DSP! Less is more…unless you're Emma!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is stunning against that dark background! You've rocked that sketch! And Miss Emma is rocking her own look as well! A little diva!

stampwithamyk said...

Your vellum butterflies are stunning! Beautifully designed card. And those boots and sunglasses are awesome! Wish that I could pull of that look. ;)

Heidi Baks said...

I love this fun, linear layout for your card - perfect for the butterflies!

Kim S said...

Absolutely stunning!! The paper is a perfect background to your patterned vellum butterflies.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is sweeter...your card, or Emma! :)

Tanya Boser said...

Sweet simplicity! Love the embossed butterflies and the pop of the DSP. And the darling little granddaughter steals the show :) My grandson is visiting this weekend, so maybe I can share some pics soon myself!

Mickey Roberts said...

So very pretty in it's simplicity, Linda! It's always important to remember that sometimes less is best--unless you're a little girl.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda I really love the card with so much white space. Hugs.

the bean said...

I like your card too because of the white space - beautiful card TFS !

Anonymous said...

More gorgeous vellum butterflies - totally love them Linda! And must try them! Kelly x

Nikki Spencer said...

Bold and beautiful Dawn. Such a striking use of colour and design..love it!
How cute are those sunnies..:0) xx

Jess said...

Love the striking colours you've used on this card Linda!